The rise of the tablet computer has been nothing short of meteoric. In just a few short years, this new form factor has gone from a niche product to one of the hottest consumer electronics on the market. Businesses have taken notice and are starting to explore how these sleek devices can be used to improve productivity and efficiency in the workplace. According to a survey, 78% of businesses believe tablets have increased employee productivity. It also helped them cut costs.
About 71% of businesses say they plan to increase their investment in tablet technology in the next 12 months.
Here are a few ways that rugged tablets are changing the business world:
- Increased Mobility: Tablets are highly portable, which makes them ideal for employees who need to be on the go. With a tablet, workers can take their office with them wherever they go, making it easy to stay connected and get work done no matter where they are.
- Improved Collaboration: Tablets make it easy for employees to collaborate with one another, whether in the same office or across the globe. With features like video conferencing and real-time document editing, tablets make it easier for workers to team up and get things done.
- Enhanced Customer Interactions: Tablets also change how businesses interact with customers. For example, salespeople can use tablets to show potential clients product demonstrations and brochures. And service technicians can use them to pull up customer records and troubleshoot issues on-site.
- Increased Productivity: Perhaps the most prominent way tablets change business is by increasing productivity. With their many features and capabilities, tablets help workers get more done in less time, which can save businesses money and help them gain a competitive edge.
Tablet accessories that can help you work more efficiently
As the business world continues to embrace tablets, several accessories have emerged to help users work more efficiently. Here are a few of the most popular:
- Keyboard: A tablet keyboard can significantly boost productivity when working on long documents or complex projects. Various keyboard options are available, from Bluetooth-enabled models to those that double as a case or stand.
- Stylus: A stylus can be a valuable tool for taking notes, sketching diagrams, or annotating documents. Many newer tablets come with a built-in stylus, but many aftermarket options are also available.
- Dock: A tablet dock is a great way to keep your device charged and within easy reach. Many models come with multiple ports for connecting peripherals like keyboards, printers, and external hard drives.
Tablets are changing the business world in many ways, from increased mobility and collaboration to enhancing customer interactions and boosting productivity. As more businesses adopt this new technology, we can expect to see even more innovative ways that tablets are used to improve efficiency and get work done.
Do you use a tablet for work? What accessories do you find most helpful? Let us know in the comments below!